Who we are
Emma Wanderer is a startup rethinking how we can “Work & Live Everywhere” in the future. Emma Wanderer strives to become Europe’s leading brand and service company for nature-loving people who want to work flexibly.
Your Role & Responsibilities
You have a positive charisma, are an organisational genius and can convince with managerial qualities on campus. You motivate employees through professional and personal leadership, to full commitment and always very good performance. Together with the hotel manager, you will manage our first Emma Campus and, together with the rest of the kitchen/bar and service team, make our guests' stay unforgettable. We are looking for a foodie who has a passion for good, purist food, is bubbling over with ideas and wants to express themselves in this area on our campus.
- You are responsible for the success of our café on our first Emma Campus with approx. 60 seats (in summer also attractive outdoor catering with additional 30 seats).
- You will design and prepare a range of snacks such as sandwiches, salads, bowls and smoothies, purchase ingredients and ensure continuous improvement.
- You continuously build new relationships with local suppliers and showcase them on campus (i.e. in our corner store).
- You identify the needs of our guests, proactively address their concerns and generally ensure that our guests get the best experience through great customer service.
- You make sure the bar opens on time and is ready for our guests.
- You will manage the F&B team and if required you will also be responsible for recruiting and training new staff.
- Depending on the number of guests, you update the inventory orders and execute the orders accordingly.
- You are responsible for running F&B events.
What you need to succeed
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent language skills in English and German (every additional language is a plus)
- Strong organisational and time management skills (to manage budgets, shift schedules, etc.)
- A passion for good & healthy food
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers
- Expert in solving problems
Why join us?
Our mission is to combine mobility, housing and work in a compelling and sustainable way that everyone can enjoy a productive life closer to nature. As a team we believe we can change the future of work if we put our whole hearts into this mission.
If you want to work in an exciting and progress-driven environment where you can constantly learn & grow, Emma Wanderer is the place for you:
- Highly independent and self-responsible working style with a lot of flexibility (naturally, we offer remote work).
- We live a highly value-based, trust-driven and transparent company culture with no to low hierarchies.
- We expect our team to give their best and are providing the work environment to achieve that goal.
- You have the unique opportunity to shape the future of work and thereby influence the lives of all future workers in Europe.
- According to Austrian law, we are required to state the required minimum salary for this position which is expected to be EUR 35,000.00 gross annually. Of course, we are willing to overpay according to experience etc.
- Start: February 2023
- Please note that for this position we only accept applicants with a valid working permit in Austria.
How to apply
We would love to hear from you! Make sure to include your CV and/or LinkedIn and send through a text/voice/video file stating why you want to work with us via mail (we love to get content that surprises us). No motivation letter is required (we also dislike them!).