Who we are
Emma Wanderer is a startup rethinking how we can “Work & Live Everywhere” in the future. Emma Wanderer strives to become Europe’s leading brand and service company for nature-loving people who want to work flexibly.
Your Role & Responsibilities
The Campus General Manager / Location Manager is the driving force behind exceptional guest experience and smooth running operations within their campus location. As a leader, you will be in charge that all financial, administrative and operational duties run without a hitch.
- Support and manage an environment that strives to deliver a high level of our community service experience
- Identify and solve guest-related issues to help foster a collaborative community
- Work closely with the community manager to organize events for our guests
- Identify opportunities, design and implement guidelines and best practices to ensure that great guest experiences are delivered
- Be present at the location to support team members in providing a great work & team experience
Marketing & Sales
- Work with our Country Marketing and Sales Leads to ensure that your campus maintains a 100% occupancy rate at all times
- Build local partnerships to promote the Emma Wanderer brand and foster local economy
- Create and manage the marketing plan for the campus according to the brand guidelines
- Develop strategies to drive sales, increase revenue and interest for your campus
Finance & Administration
- Own the full P&L; setting budget, managing actuals and assuring forecasts, controlling and reporting on all areas of the business
- Ensure proper accounting records are maintained and comply with local regulations
- Meet and exceed the campus' revenue goals
Building Operations & Management
- Oversee and make sure that all areas of the campus work smoothly and constantly optimize based on opportunities
- Manage all operations and maintenance of the campus to ensure a consistently high quality experience for guests
- Identify, follow up and resolve issues, such as cleaning, IT-related issues, electrical equipment and so forth
- Ensure the campus is properly stocked with all the necessary supplies and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and practices applicable to the campus and report any issue that may arise or cause disruption to business operations
Team Management & Development
- Manage, inspire, support and guide your team to achieve goals
- Lead and support the recruitment and selection process for campus vacancies
- Create and manage the staffing plan
- Ensure staffing has minimal impact on the P&L while maintaining a high level of service and experience
- Identify knowledge gaps, and train and/or arrange training with People Team when necessary
- Revise and administer the campus' payroll, benefits and incentive plans. Oversee the implementation of environmental health and safety plan at the campus
What you need to succeed
- Fun, open and charming personality, a person who believes that creating value for guests, partners and environment is crucial for the success of your campus and the Emma experience
- Prior experience as a General Manager or in a similar role in a hotel, co-living, co-working or resort
- Affinity or experience with hybrid hospitality or community members based brands and business models
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the service industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Great financial management skills
- Fluency in English and German. Know any other languages? Great, the more the better...
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice and recommendations
Why join us?
Our mission is to combine mobility, housing and work in a compelling and sustainable way that everyone can enjoy a productive life closer to nature. As a team we believe we can change the future of work if we put our whole hearts into this mission.
If you want to work in an exciting and progress-driven environment where you can constantly learn & grow, Emma Wanderer is the place for you:
- Highly independent and self-responsible working style with a lot of flexibility.
- We live a highly value-based, trust-driven and transparent company culture with no to low hierarchies.
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and so much more
- According to Austrian law, we are required to state the required minimum salary for this position which is expected to be EUR 45,000.00 gross annually. Of course, we are willing to overpay according to experience etc. - lets sit down and talk what works best for both parties
- Start: January 2023
- Please note that for this position we only accept applicants with a valid working permit in Austria.
How to apply
We would love to hear from you! Make sure to include your CV and/or LinkedIn and send through a text/voice/video file stating why you want to work with us via mail (we love to get content that surprises us). No motivation letter is required (we also dislike them!).